Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Mint

The words 'cool', 'refreshing', 'tingling' and 'invigorating' come to mind when you hear the mention of mint. I sing the praises of this wonderful herb for many spiritual uses from cleansing to basic energizing sustenance.

Mint, also known as yerba buena or hierba buena (good herb) in many Hispanic countries; is an easy herb to grow and is readily available in local herb gardens or markets. Traditionally, mint is used for spiritual cleansing baths. It is the 'go to' herb for removing hexes, bad luck and negativity. It also helps to clear mental fog and enhance concentration.

A fresh mint bath is my personal favorite for routine ritual cleansing. It washes away the negativity of the daily grind as well as any bad juju that was thrown my way while I was out and about. Of course, dried mint can be used by making a strong infusion or tea, but when available, I love to use the fresh herb. It is cool, refreshing and revitalizing.

To prepare a fresh mint bath you will need:
• A large white bowl, bucket or pitcher
• Fresh cool water
• A bundle of fresh mint
• A splash of gin
• A drizzle of honey
• A white candle (blessed and dressed appropriately)
Pour the water into the bowl, take up the bundle of herbs in your hands and hold over the water. Begin talking to the mint. Speaking to your herbs or chanting over your herbs is what unlocks their potential and give them power. Speak from the heart but here is an example:

"yerba buena cleanse me. Lend me your cleansing power. Wash away evils. Wash away all negativity. Cleanse my head. Clear my head. Cool my head. Give me clarity. Wash away my problems. Wash away bad luck. Wash away witchcraft and juju. Make me clean. Refresh me. Revitalize and invigorate me. Bring blessings."

As you chant, you want to tear the herbs. Tear the leaves and stems into the water. Squeeze the plant to release the juices. After that, drizzle a little honey and pour a splash of gin into the water. Now your bath is prepared. Strain or skim the herbs off if you wish but it is good if a few bits of the leaves remain on you after you bathe.

Before cleansing, you will want to light your candle and make your prayers or read psalms 10 aloud seven times.
Then draw your bath and then pour the bucket of mint water into the tub. Soak in the tub for 20 mins. Make sure to wash your head if you are asking for mental clarity and strength. Then step out and allow yourself drip dry. Or pat dry if necessary. Allow the candle to finish burning.

Alternatively, if you do not have a bathtub, you can take a shower and then turn the shower off; pour the mint preparation over your body from head to toe. Then step out and drop dry if possible.

Enjoy the sensation of freshness in body and spirit!


No comments:

Post a Comment